Tuesday 29 November 2011

Thurs 17th November - Chemo... Again!!

We arrived at the hospital again ready for chemo at approximately eight thirty Thursday morning. This time my named nurse was Joanne and she went through everything we needed to know with a fine tooth comb, it was brilliant to have someone who understood my questions.

We began treatment around nine and settled down for boredom... and it was once again we were in a sat in a circle on our recliners with a drip feeding us chemotherapy. No telly and no radio. The lady next to me was still patiently waiting for results of her blood tests at lunch time. Only to be told they'd been lost and she could either give blood again and wait til the following day for chemo. Or she could hang fire and wait for the results and then potentially have chemo the same day. She chose to go home, its amazing how many mistakes they are making!  The rest of the time on the ward having chemo was pretty much uneventful... it is so boring sitting there with no TV, no radio... I'm gonna have to bring some entertainment with me next time because I've had enough of being bored.

Joanne gave me my drugs to take at the end of the day and hooked me up to a syringe driver ready for me to go home. The syringe driver helps with sickness there is no doubt with that but its so bloody uncomfortable and such a hindrance having to carry it around everywhere you go. Its in effect a syringe in a box which disperses anti-sickness medication into your body on a slow release basis and prevents sickness. It does work and I would recommend it to anyone that has a problem with sickness after chemotherapy. 

We finally left the ward at seven thirty extremely tired and so glad to be going home.

No comments:

Post a Comment