Saturday 15 October 2011

Friday 14th October - Passport hurray!!

I woke up around 9.30 and plodded around slowly feeling a bit rough again... agony in my stomach and lower back again, when will this pain stop?? I drank some Oramorph and headed back upstairs to get dressed. Then the door knocked and i went downstairs to answer it.
"Passport for Mr Lee McEvoy?" A guy said holding out an envelope...
"Really? You're kidding? Wow thanks" he handed me the envelope and a machine to sign on.
"Press really hard" I wrote down an eligible signature that even I didn't recognise as mine ah well never mind lol. I got straight on the phone and rang Lee
"Your passports here!" I practically screamed down the phone I was so excited.
"Oh fantastic"
"I'm gonna go straight up to the post office with it now and find out the quickest way to get it to you" I told him.
"Brilliant"
"I'll ring you and let you know how long it will take to reach you after I've been" I told Lee.
"Okay great see you soon, love you".
"Love you more" I told him and smiling hung up. Next I rang Steph Lee's mum. "Passports here, I'm taking it up to the post office as soon as I get a timescale for delivery I'll ring you, okay?"
"Okay well it takes five to seven days normally" she told me.
"Well I'll see what timescales they offer I'll take the fastest one and  I'll call you back"
"Okay duckie talk to you later".
Next it was a phone call to my dad "Passports here have you got a padded envelope?"
"Yep come down and we'll sort it out" .
"Okay I'll see you soon" I was there within twenty minutes. We wrapped the passport in a piece of paper and put it in the padded envelope. 
"I'm going to have to lie and say its something else and i want to get it there as fast as possible and the safest way possible" I told him.
"Can't you say its a passport?"
"No because I've already said he lives at my address, why would he be overseas?"
"Oh yes course well say its a bank book that way they will understand why its a safe quick delivery you need".
"Okay good idea dad thanks". So we secured the passport between some white paper put it in a jiffy bag and secured it with tape and I wrote Barry and Stephs address on. Mum needed to go to the bank so I took her with me. We parked up and she headed to the bank whilst I went to the post office.
"Right i want to send this to Cyprus ... its a bank book" I explained. "So it needs to get their quickly and safely I need to be able to track it. What methods do you have".
"Well we do have one where you sign on delivery but you can't track it once it gets to Cyprus my daughter lives in Paphos and it took 15 days even though our system says five days." Maggie behind the counter explained to me.
"Okay well thats no good I need to be able to track it what else have you got?"
"Well we do have Global express but thats £47 guaranteed in two working days though"
"That's fine I'll have that one" she looked shocked. "I can get the money back from my in laws" I lied "Its their bank book they left it"
"Ah okay" she seemed to agree that would make sense. "If its not there by Tuesday you can get a one hundred percent refund".
"Okay thats fine lets hope it doesn't though eh?"
"Anything else you need?" 
"No thanks" I shook my head handed over the money and took the receipt of her and left the post office. So thats the end of my illegal activity now and the passport is on its way to Cyprus. I rang Steph
"How much?"
"I know its expensive but its guaranteed Tuesday"
"Oh well thats good I'll ring you as soon as it gets here"
"Thanks Steph". 
I had coffee with mum and then took her home.
"How much was it for postage?"
"Expensive"
"What twenty quid?"
"More.."
"Thirty quid?"
"More"
"You are joking?"
"It cost me forty-seven but its guaranteed to arrive Tuesday. However, I'm back to square one and I've got no money. I wouldn't mind I was gonna go get some magnolia paint and do the hallway today I want to freshen things up a bit before Lee gets here. Fat chance now though".
"I've got some Magnolia paint and some rollers I just don't have a tray"
"Okay great thanks" I headed to the shed with dad and soon we were loading my car with a huge tub of magnolia paint and some rollers. I headed back into Ossett town centre for a roller tray and ended up buying a set of rollers and trays, a paint brush and a scraper. Then I headed home to make a start scraping wallpaper. The phone rang just as I got in.
"Do you like Mexican food?" It was Vicki my friend from work.
"Well I like chilli and nachos, I've never really tried other Mexican food" I told her.
"Well I'll cook lots of little bits. I've left work now I'll text you when I'm on my way".
"Okay I'll see you soon".
When Vicki arrived she helped me strip the walls in the hall way which I was halfway through doing on my own.  We had it finished in no time and then she got to work cooking the smells from the kitchen were bliss and I was amazed at what she produced there was mexican chilli rice, Mexican chilli chicken in fajitas and enchiladas and nachos and Mexican dips it was ready just as Jenna arrived in from work.
"Ooh hiya Vicki" Jenna greeted as she walked in.
"Hiya I've made mexican food for your tea, hope you're hungry"
"ooh yeah"
"Make sure you try it Jenna even if you don't eat it all please make sure you try it first"
"I will"she replied. To be fair she is getting better at tasting stuff and she sat down and dug in when it came to the table. I ate more food than I'd eaten all week and I enjoyed every bit of what I ate. All of it was washed down with a Rosy wine.
I went to bed completely stuffed and very very happy I have wonderful friends xx

No comments:

Post a Comment