Tuesday 11 October 2011

Monday 3rd October - My Birthday.

 I woke to a lovely birthday greeting from Lee on the morning of my birthday it read : "HAPPY BIRTHDAY MRS MCEVOY I DO LOVE YOU XX XXX". I came downstairs and opened the pink envelope that lay on the table inside was a card which read "To my wonderful Wife Happy Birthday. Inside it read sending all my love to you on your special day and always Happy Birthday inside the handwritten message read with all my love Mrs mcevoy xxxxxxx I want to be your hero, i want to take away the pain, I want to live with you forever you just take my breath away". I sat and cried and rang my mum and read it to her and she cried as well. The words are from Hero by Enrique ... the song both Lee and I have picked out for my funeral.


My mum and dad had got me £50 worth of vouchers for La Femme a beauty clinic where I live. My sister had got me £20 worth of vouchers. So I should look stunning when Lee comes home if nothing else lol. Logan presented me with a card saying "To my Mother" Hm mm not sure what to think of that  and another box of choccies.... I will be huge by the time this chemotherapy finishes ha ha.


I was due to meet my friends from work for a meal at six that evening. But at twelve I arranged to pick Lorna up so i could go shopping for my wedding gift list, Lee had said to choose what i wanted so with shopping in mind that's what we went to do!  


We sat down at the desk in Debenhams and were greeted by an Indian girl who was cross eyed..... I couldn't help it we both had trouble making eye contact.  It was fun running round with a scanner though and £830 later I felt a hell of a lot better.


Next came clothes shopping I bought a blouse in teal coloured satin and a pair of black leggings with buttons at each ankle.... I looked good even if I said so myself. Ready for my night out anyway.


I turned up at six to be greeted by Kath, Rebbecca, Jack, Becky Clare and Clare's daughter Holly. I was a little disappointed at the numbers. There were a few people who I knew couldn't make it Wes, Charlene, Vicki and Colleen....they'd all apologised that they couldn't be there...as for the rest... obviously I wasn't that popular... ah well you win some you loose some eh??


We all stuffed ourselves silly with course upon course of Chinese food I hadn't eaten that much grub in a week. I had at least five fresh made pancakes for afters.... and we were kept entertained by the banter round the table. Jack is very amusing and I haven't seen anyone eat as much as Becky did and Rebecca's face watching her was a picture.... it was actually a really good night and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it.  Jack nicked two plates that the sushi was served on for his flat... well smuggled them out in Rebecca's bag to be precise....no one noticed. It was funny though.
I am so looking forward to seeing the pictures that were taken of Jack and I sitting on the Rickshaw that's on display in the window downstairs not to mention the photos of Becky trying to get her leg over to get onto it!!!Ha ha ha. A good night had by all.













No comments:

Post a Comment