Tuesday 11 October 2011

October 1st- The Mooney's arrive!!

Okay so I have to apologise to everyone who reads my blog for the long delay in updates. In all honest I've been too bloody knackered!!!


On Saturday the 1st my family arrived from Scotland. As I'm Scottish, something not everyone is aware of (I was born there), all my aunts and uncles and cousins are still up in scotland however, they are all spread out a bit.


My dads the eldest, followed by my Uncle Douglas, who's married to my Aunt Mary. They live in Paisley and have one daughter Maureen, Maureen I believe is about six years younger than me. She's married to Colin and they've been married about seven years I think. They have two children Finlay who I think is four and masie who was born this year at easter.
Next is my Aunt Margaret, my dads sister (she is currently recovering from breast cancer and has just finished radiotherapy). Married to my Uncle Iain and they have my cousin Ross who is a month older than Jenna. Yes my aunt margaret and I were pregnant at the same time... how weird is that? Ross isn't married he's at uni but is going out with claire, so she'll be coming to the wedding with him, Claire is lovely and I think there will be a wedding there at some point in the future. Then last is the youngest on my dads side my Uncle Alan, who's married to my Aunt Shirley ( uncle Alan is currently having chemotherapy for cancer too). I think he's 51...but that would be a guess I'm crap with ages. They have Eleanor and David. Eleanor married John in March this year and we went to their wedding in Aberdeen. David is about to become a branch manager of a bank and has just moved in with his girlfriend who i've yet to meet.


Anyway Aunt Mary and Uncle Douglas unfortunately couldn't come down for my birthday as they were in Ireland and Maureen and Colin couldn't come with the kids but everyone else came for my birthday. I felt very very special for everyone to come, especially Uncle Alan who hasn't been at all well.


I'd been shopping prior to going to my mum and dads I'd bought a new dress in teal, the one on my profile pic on facebook, some matching shoes and a bag. There was a sale in Debenhams ... quickest shopping trip ever it took me twenty minutes to go in try on and leave. I knew the family were arriving at my mums so I was in a rush. I nipped home to get some make up and pick some bits up so I could get changed at my mums as we were going out for a meal. My dad rang me asking if I wanted picking up so I could leave the car at home and have a drink.
"I was just going to ring you to ask you if you could pick me up great minds think alike dad" I laughed.
"Okay on my way" he told me.
I arrived at theirs to be greeted by Lorna (my sis) Andy (her partner) Jordan (my nephew). Jenna and logan (my kids), Mum, Dad, Aunt Mags, Uncle Iain, Ross and Claire all sitting in a circle.  
"Hi all" I greeted,
"You're looking very well" my aunt mags told me.
"I know I feel great" I laughed. "Just getting tired easy".
"Me too".
"So where's the drink?" I asked.
"We're on tea and coffee" my aunt mags told me.
"Where's the alcohol?"
"We haven't been offered any" Aunt Mags told me.
"Its a bit early" mum commented.
"Its my birthday, lets get this party started wheres the alcohol?" I asked.
"There's wine in the fridge" mum told me.
"Three bottles, you do know this is a mooney gathering and Aunt Mags is here don't you?" I asked them both.
"What do you mean?"
"Well Aunt mags and I can demolish three bottles in the space of an hour" I laughed. "Trip to the supermarket is defintely needed!"
Aunt Shirley, Uncle Alan, Eleanor and David arrived shortly after and £150 and a supermarket trip later and the party was definitely underway.  I can't wait for Lee to come over and partake in a Mooney gathering... he'll love it!!
I  opened pressies from the aunts and uncles and Jenna insisted I opened hers too. Two bottles of champagne one from Aunt Mary and Uncle Douglas and one from Aunt Shirley and Uncle Alan and a box of chocolates.... lovely. Jenna got me a bottle of perfume "Lola" and I opened Jordans pressie and got a  bottle of Ghost. So I'm not doing bad for perfume what with that and the two bottles of duty free at home Hugo boss sunset and Jean paul gautier... I'm being spoilt!!
The champagne is staying in the fridge until Lee arrives then i'll open it.


It was a special day we all went out for a meal to the Bullshead in horbury I'd ordered Kettle of fish unfortunately my appetite is quite crap at the minute and I couldn't eat it all, but what I had I thoroughly enjoyed it was gorgeous.


More pressies followed at dinner another two boxes of choccies one from Eleanor  and one from David. I'm gonna get fat me thinks.


The following day I went down to my mum and dads to say bye to my Aunt Mags, Uncle Iain, Ross and Claire. They handed me a card with £40 in.  I was very very happy not a bad birthday at all and it hasn't arrived yet!! lol





No comments:

Post a Comment