Tuesday 11 October 2011

Thursday 22nd September - Thursday 28th September. Holiday

Our holiday was fantastic the weather was gorgeous and I can honestly say the only bad point was a minor disagreement between Jenna and I over her spending all her money in the first four days.... but although we struggled a bit financially throughout the holiday it was still fab.


Our days were filled with sunbathing on the beach and the evenings at Rives with Lee. On the Thursday evening Lee had the night planned out as he had the night off. We were going to the Barley Mow in Paralimni, not far from Protaras to see his friend Steve Fury perform.  Steve sings and does all old jive tunes and Elvis etc. He's a brilliant singer and with the lights down he resembles Patrick Swayze, same high cheek bones and similar hairstyle to the one he had in Dirty Dancing. Lee announced our engagement and Steve asked to see the ring and then asked for a magnifying glass and proceeded to try and find out from Lee how much he'd spent on it. It was amusing. 


Steve's sister Tina and Lee used to go out together. Lee calls her the dyslexia Jiver as she does jive dancing by herself whilst Steve sings and doesn't seem to know what to do with her hands whilst she dances.... hence Lee says she's dyslexic (sorry if anyone finds that offensive) but you have to see it to believe it!!


I'm not sure Jenna enjoyed the evening it wasn't her type of music and I'd fallen off my wedge sandals on the way and  hurt my foot. By the time Steve's set had finished I was in dire need of Morphine as I'd left it back at Lee's. So we headed for the bus stop to get the bus back!!


We waited for that bus for what seemed like an eternity and then this boneshaker turned up boy it was old. We got off and headed down to Rives which was fairly quiet!! A good night however, was had by all.


On Saturday I was meeting Lee's parents and absolutely dreading it! Why? I have no idea Steph and Barry are lovely people and made me feel so welcome I needn't have been so worried. Steph had brought a gift for both me and Jenna, a bracelet each, and I felt a tad guilty for not bringing them anything. Jenna was suffering from a hangover as she'd gone to Ayia Napa with Luke, Mike and Rosie the night before and hadn't gotten in until five am., she spent most of the afternoon in the loo. We had lunch together and it was a really nice afternoon. Steph told me they would both be at our wedding. We gave them the passport Photos that Lee had had taken and his dad shook his head. 
"I don't think they'll accept them Lee" he sighed. "They are all done on a grey or fawn background these days that's what I've been told. Let me get them checked and if need be we will have to get them redone".
"Okay" Lee nodded. "We can go back to photographer during the week".
"Well we were going to ask if you both fancied coming over to ours before you go home Monday or Tuesday maybe and we can show you around the island first maybe?"
"Ooh yeah that would be lovely, fancy that Jenna?" Jenna nodded.
"Well shall we pick you up about 1ish on Tuesday?"
"Yep that sounds good".
"And we will take you to the airport on Wednesday so you don't have to pay Loraine?"
"oh that's not necessary Steph"
"No we insist" she told me smiling.
"Okay thanks".


The next few days flew by and Tuesday arrived and our trip with Steph and Barry. We went to see Cape Greco from the land side where Logan had jumped off the cliff back in August. It actually looked higher than it had from the boat and I found it quite unnerving especially when i saw the amount of rocks that he had had to clear in order not to land on one.  Next stop was the church in a cave, i forget where it was but it was on the way to Lee's parents place in Frenaros. Above a cave opening is a cross and some steps descending into a cave which holds portraits on the walls of Jesus. (I'm not a religious freak i don't go to church.  I believe in spiritualism and the after life simply because of readings I've had in the past and i believe in something I'm  just not totally sure what it is that i do believe in...). But, walking into that cave i felt a shiver down my spine and a calming e peaceful feeling came over me. It was a lovely warm feeling and on my way out there it was.... another white feather....make of that what you will!!
We went to a little taverna next in a village near to Lee's mum and dads I've forgotten the name of it unfortunately I'm sure Steph and Barry will remind me.  I shared a Bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich with Steph as there was no way I could eat one on my own as I had no appetite.  Jenna had chips and gravy (the gravy made specially for her) and Barry had Scampi and chips. Lee came to meet us there just after we had finished eating . We had a drink together and then we headed for Frenaros to Steph and Barry's house. Even from  the outside it was gorgeous a big arched wooden door led straight into the front room which was big and spacious with a winding stone stair case to the next floor up complete with a wrought iron banister it was gorgeous to look at. All the floors were marble. The living area swept straight into an open plan kitchen with gorgeous solid wood units and patio doors leading to the pool outside. Steph led us round to the snug a covered area at the side of the pool ...It was a lovely outside area and on the wall of the house steph has it decorated with ornamental lizards on the back wall, all different colours.. in fact I've seen a bronze one recently and i might get her it for Christmas.


On Wednesday we were due at the airport at nine o'clock for our flight at eleven so Steph and Barry arranged to meet us at teatime steph and i were going to happy feet to have our feet munched by tiny little fishes.  I was dreading it... but you know what... for eighteen months my foot has been scaly first it was athletes foot then i got told it was eczema then it was psoriasis.... steroid treatments, athlete's foot treatments creams in abundance.... ten minutes with those little fishes (and a bit of a pins and needles sensation) and my foot is cleared up... sorted no scaly foot no peeling no nothing it feels wonderful!!!


My farewell to Lee was very tearful on Wednesday evening he had bought me a cross on a silver chain to make up for the one that I lost (I swear its still in his flat somewhere). Lee wanted to say bye at Waves but I insisted he get in the car so i could hold on to him a bit longer. We pulled up outside Rives and Jenna went in to say bye to Rosie. I jumped out the car and threw my arms around Lee and cried on his shoulder.... 
"I'm gonna miss you".
"Its not long now. I'll be with you soon, I promise" he kissed me. I held onto him tighter...
"One more kiss". I smiled... "Right I'll see you soon"
"Ring me as soon as you get home"
"I will I promise. I love you"
"Love you too" and with that we jumped back in the car and headed to the airport with Steph and Barry.

No comments:

Post a Comment